Regular Meeting Notes: June 4, 2014
Meeting Convened by K1TWF at 7:00PM
After some reminiscing about several topics including the history of MIT’s Radiation Laboratory where Radar was developed in the US and some observations about a “mechanical scanning radar,” we got down to business.
- Secretary’s Report: Approved
- Treasurer’s Report: Bruce W1LUS mentioned that the club finances have not changed (neither inflows nor outflows)
- Some discussion about the Club insurance: Basically what happened was that we did not pay for a prior year but when we paid for a subsequent year, the agent gave us a choice to pay for that prior year or cut a new policy and have the payment go towards our present year. We opted for the latter.
- April BOD meeting notes were posed
- We are anticipating 12-14 club members in attendance
- Possible/Definite Needs:
- Grill (depending on menu)
- Stakes for rope supports
- Some forethought about how to mitigate generator noise
- ARRL section “cheat sheets” for operators
- Ground Rods (@MITRE?)
- Braid (@MITRE?)
- Foot Switches
- Table Lamps for evening operation
- Small fans if the weather calls for it
- Power Strips
- Tape and marking pens to mark owners of equipment
- Wrenches and screwdrivers
- Stuff being supplied:
- Chili N1HTS
- Tables K1TWF, N1ALO
- Generators: N1ALO, K1SUB
- Welcome Sign to be displayed on road (NK1A)
- Club Banner: K1TWF (located in his barn)
- Visitor Notebook: K1TWF
- RG-58: N1ALO
- CAT5: N1HTS
- IPA: K1SUB
- N1ALO: Homebrew
- K1TWF: Lager
- N1HTS will talk to AA1VS to identify useful FD items at MITRE
- Venue: 65 Littleton Rd., Chelmsford, MA
- Rough Schedule:
- Friday 6/20: No activities
- Saturday 6/21:
- Breakfast at Stellios (~8AM)
- Setup after breakfast
- Assemble stations starting at ~9:30
- Field Day begins: 2:00PM
- May break for the evening depending on interest.
- Sunday 6/22:
- 8:00AM nominal start time.
- 2:00PM teardown
- Other Notes:
- NK1A will forewarn the neighbors, esp generator noise
- $300 was approved to fund expenses.
- W1LUS will provide Club checkbook to K1TWF
- NK1A will check about the operation of the ceiling fans at the site
- K1TW will look into bonus point possiblities
- K1TW will contact Phil Temple about visiting
- Everyone should send an email to K1TW re. their plans for the weekend (e.g. when they expect to be on-site)
Other Non-FD Notes and New Business
- K1TW will look into whether the club has a LoTW account
- Chelmsford DMR (N1IW memorial) repeater is on the air using temporary antennas. Freq is 145.18 (-.6)
- WO1N will be trustee for the repeater
- The next Boxboro Hamfest will be held in 2015 (they’re taking a year off due to the ARRL centennial this year). They will have a table at the sentennial
- WRTC is the preceding weekend
- KE1V will be storing a club Kenwood desktop mike.
- There is a need to inventory club assets at the MTIRE and make a decision about long term storage.
- The MITRE club has the keys to the shack.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35PM PM
73 DE KE1V