I am pleased to announce that our Guest Speaker for the November 1, 2023, Club Meeting via Zoom will be none other than Rick Roderick, K5UR, the current President of the ARRL!
Rick will give a talk on what’s new at the ARRL and will share valuable insights on our great hobby. You will definitely want to make sure and attend this Zoom Presentation to be given by a true pioneer in Ham Radio!
Here are some of Rick’s great credentials:
• FFMA #3 (Worked all grid squares in the continental U.S.)
• One of first 5 stations to work all 48 contiguous states on 2 meters terrestrial (using no EME and no digital)
• Worked 47 states on 2 meters in one year (using no EME and no digital)
• Holds world distance record for 2 meters meteor scatter
• Held 222 MHz tropospheric distance record
• Worked All States 6 meters
• Has held numerous national HF/VHF/UHF contest records: VUCC: 6 meters #103; 2 meters #64; 222 MHz #14; 432 MHz #43; 1296 MHz #54
• Worked All Prefixes: WPX Award of Excellence #1; WPX Honor Rolls – Mixed, CW, and Phone
• Member: ARRL Maxim Society; ARRL Diamond Club; ARRL Second Century Club
• Currently President of the ARRL
• Has held volunteer positions with the ARRL for over 50 years
• Served on DXAC and was Chairman for many years.
• Has also served on CQ Magazine’s DX advisory committee for over 40 years.
• Instrumental in the DXCC 2000 Project, implementation of DXCC Challenge/De Soto Cup Award, and creation of Logbook of the World.
BARS will announce the link to join the Zoom meeting before the meeting, but it will be posted to the BARS email list and should not be shared outside our Club. Are you on the email list? If not, please send an email to email@example.com and then simply reply to the robot response from the server and you will be subscribed.
Observing our Zoom meeting requires only a web browser and headphones/speakers. You do not need a webcam or microphone unless you want to speak or be seen. Before our meeting date, please go to https://zoom.us/test and see if it will function for you. If you have problems, we can try to assist – feel free to ask questions on the BARS email list.
We are looking forward to “seeing” many of you on Wednesday 11/1 here at 1900.