BARS Board Meeting Report

BARS BOD MEETING REPORT 7/29/17

Held at BATV – opened at 9:15 by Tom, BARS President.
Attendees: Tom, Bruce, Andy, Kayla, Jesse (observer), Niece, Mike.

Tom thanked Jesse for his outstanding work as FD chair.

Proposed August meeting be ice cream social at Gary’s. Start 6PM. If inclement weather, meet at Church at 7 instead. Suggested bringing table and chairs, item for show and tell.

September meeting: proposed KV1J – do QSL sort, pizza.

W1HH license transfer: has transferred to Andy, KA1GTT. Retains Nutting Lake POB for now but Andy has a Chelmsford one which could be made available.

QRZ.COM: Andy will investigate taking over here. K0TV was owner, need to unlock acct etc. Andy may add further info (meeting time/place, net etc) to QRZ page once done.

QSLs: Ken, WO1N, may have the paper cards. May be a good idea to provide some to Andy for FD QSLs or other QSL requests. Jesse may set up W1HH on LOTW.

Tom suggested a future October talk could be about multiband antennas.

Elections: Mike and Tom would like to step down. They have been officers for several years and new people should step up to keep the club fresh. Other board members happy to continue as-is. Board Membership is usually 6-7.

Newsletters: We should get PDFs of old newsletters from WO1N and put up on the website. Andy may have some archived in email. Jesse had written up a newsletter in a new format. It was proposed to distribute these at Electronics Plus (Littleton) – Jesse, HRO Salem – Niece, and VE exams and Boxboro. Plan is to publish every 2 months and solicit the membership for short anecdotes or articles. Also suggested having a for-sale section.

Flyer: Andy will email Jesse the flyer version that he and Niece worked on. It was proposed that we would do a final update on it, add the membership application in a way that it can be torn off without removing the flyer info, and distribute at VE exams etc. Also suggested was listing Board members and callsigns (no personal contact info).

Insurance: Bruce brought up a $220 insurance bill was received and would need a vote at the next meeting.

Net Control: Niece is having a hard time maintaining a list of active Net Control Stations. It was suggested that we could have a roster on the Website, and a form for members to sign up to run the Net. It is hoped to have a rotation such that each person only needs to run it once per month.

Field Day: Tom would like to have a future wrap up meeting. Jay has bought souvenir mugs for BARS and Tom would like to recognize the key players/operators who helped with FD. The Club will also reimburse Jesse for repair of his transceiver.

Website: we want to move the website to a new host. QTH.com is proposed. Jesse has already been investigating this. The contact club link should change to Tom. Need to contact Erik.

Meeting adjourned 10:30.

Andy Wallace
KA1GTT
BARS Secretary

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes